|Transportaion||Private Vehicle, Domestic Flight, Local Bus|
|Accomodations||Hotel in Kathmandua, Local Lodge during trek|
|Best Seasons||Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)|
|Activities||Trekking & Hiking|
|Meals||All meals during trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)|
Trekking to Makalu base camp is considered as virgin wilderness. The trek starts from Tumlingtar and ends also at Tumlingtar. This remote terrain elongates east from Sagarmatha National Park, connecting to the high plateau of Tibet and the vast subtropical gorge engraved by the Arun River. The brilliant views of craggy Himalayan peaks, comprises Mt. Makalu (8463m), fifth highest in the world, Mt. Chamlang (7200 m) and Mt. Baruntse (7168m) within the remoteness of 40 kms. The Makalu-Barun Valley affords dazzling disparity, where high waterfall pour into deep gorges, craggy rocks go up from lush emerald forests, and multi-colored vegetations bloom beneath the pallid snow crests. The trail goes along the Arun, Kosi and Barun Valley escorts past yak grazing land and glaciers to the Makalu base camp from where the fantastic views of Everest, Makalu and Lhotse seems outstanding. The trek to Makalu base camp visits one of the most inaccessible and isolated areas of Nepal. This area is blessed with diversity of natural vegetation, culture and life style of local people.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & Transfer to hotel - 1300m/4264ft
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar and drive to Chichila (1,840m/6035 ft): 9/10 hrs
Day 04: Trek to Num (1,500m/4920 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 05: Trek to Seduwa (1,540m/5051 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Tashigaon (2,070m/6790 ft): 4/5 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Khongma (3,560m/11,676 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 08: Rest & acclimatization day
Day 09: Cross Shipton La and trek to Debotay (3,650m/11,972 ft): 7/8 hrs
Day 10: Trek to Yangle Kharka (3,600m/11,808 ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 11: Trek to Merek (4,500m/14,760 ft):5/6 hrs
Day 12: Trek to Shersong: 6/7 hrs
Day 13: Day tour to Makalu Base Camp (5,000m/16,400 ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 14: Trek to Yangle Kharka: 8/9 hrs
Day 15: Trek to Mumbuk: 6/7 hrs
Day 16: Trek to Khongma: 6/7 hrs
Day 17: Trek to Tashigaon: 5/6 hrs
Day 18: Trek to Num: 4/5 hrs
Day 19: Trek to Chichila, Transfer to Tumlingtar: 9/10 hrs
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 21: Departure from Kathmandu.
· All airport/hotel transfers
· 3-star hotel in Kathmandu(Hotel Bliss International or simalar catagory) with breakfast.
· Welcome and farewell dinner.
· A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide by private car/jeep.
· Kathmandu-Tumlingta-Kathmandu flight tickets and airport departure taxes.
· Tumlingtar-Chichila-Tumlingatar bus tickets.
· Teahouse/Lodge and Tent Camping accommodation during trek.
· All meals during trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
· An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
· Four seasonal sleeping bag and trekking map (sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
· All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS ).
· A comprehensive medical kit.
· Nepal Visa fee.
· International airfare to and from Kathmandu
· Excess baggage charges.
· Private vehicle (Tumlingtar- Chichila-Tumlingtar).
· Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
· Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and during trek
· Travel and rescue insurance
· Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
Tips for guides and porters
Copyrights © 2020 Walkmountain Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved / Developed By : Nextmorse Technologies Pvt. Ltd.