|Group Size||2 - 20|
|Transportaion||Pickup/Droop & Sightseeing by Private vehicle, Kathmandu - Jiri by bus, Lukla - Kathmandu by flight|
|Accomodations||3 - star hotel in Kathmandu, tea house/lodge during trek|
|Best Seasons||Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November)|
|Meals||Welcome & Farewell dinner at Kathmandu, All meals during trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)|
The classical trek to
Everest Base Camp via Jiri avoids the busier standard route and provides the
best opportunity to observe the authentic life style of mountain people. This
Jiri itinerary has been designed in consultation with trekkers and mountaineers
ensuring adequate time for proper acclimatization. This short super scenic trek
offers mesmerizing view of the world's highest peaks, including Everest,
Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam and other many other lofty mountains.
This challenging trek starts after a great drive to Jiri. We then trek for more than ten days to reach the biggest market hub of entire Everest Region. This is the very good place for acclimatization. We then trek another two days to Dingboche, 4,260 metres (13,980 ft) before resting for another day for further acclimatization. Another days we takes us to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep, the flat field below Kala Patthar, 5,545 metres (18,192 ft) and Mt. Pumori. We arranged our path through Lobuche, Tyanboche and finally to Namche Bazaar. The trail offers the pleasure adventurous psyche with more marvelous view of lofty High Himalayans exploring the Nepalese culture and tradition of Khumbu Region.
Day 01: Arrival,
transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Bhandar via Jiri
Day 04: Jiri to Bhandar (2,190m/7,183ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 05: Bhandar to Sete (2,575m/8,446ft), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 06: Sete trek to Junbesi (2670 m/8760 ft): 6/7 hrs
Day 07: Junbesi trek to Nunthala (2220m/7280 ft): 6 hrs
Day 08: Nunthala to Bupsa (2360 m/7,740 ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 09: Bupsa to Surke (2290m/7282ft): 5/6 hrs
Day 10: Surke to Phakding(2,652m/8,700ft): 4/5 hrs
Day 11: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 12: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar
Day 13: Namche Bazaar to Tsengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 5 - 6 hrs
Day 14: Tsengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300ft):5- 6 hrs
Day 15: Dingboche - Dzongla (4,600 m/15,090 ft): 3-4 hrs
Day 16: Dzongla - Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 2-4 hrs
Day 17: Lobuche - Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft) -Everest Base Camp (5,364m/17,594ft) - Gorak Shep: 8-9 hrs
Day 18: Gorak Shep - Kala Patthar (5545m/18,192ft) - Pheriche (4,730m/15,518ft): 8-9 hrs
Day 19: Trek to Tyangboche (3,867m/12684ft) to Namche Bazaar (3,570m/11,710ft): 6-7 hrs
Day 20: Namche Bazaar-Lukla (2,800m/9,186ft): 6-8 hrs
Day 21: Fly back to Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft) 35 min
Day 22: Departure from Kathmandu
· Airport pickup/drop.
· Welcome and farewell dinner.
· A full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley including tour guide by private car/jeep.
· Three-star hotel in Kathmandu (Hotel Bliss International or simalar catagory) with breakfast.
· Kathmandu - Jiri Local bus.
· Lukla - Kathmandu flight with airport taxes.
· All accommodation and meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
· An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging.
· Four seasonal sleeping bag and trekking map (sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion).
· A comprehensive medical kit.
· All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS).
· Nepal Visa fee.
· International and airfare.
· Kathmandu sightseeing entrance fee.
· Private vehicle (Kathmandu-Jiri one way $230 upto 5 People).
· Excess baggage charges.
· Extra night accommodation/s in Kathmandu and during trek.
· Lunch and Dinner at Kathmandu.
· Travel and rescue insurance.
· Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc).
· Tips for guides and porters.
Equipment Check List
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Lightweight cotton long pants/ Hiking shorts
- Fleece or wool pants (seasonal)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket *
- Lightweight gloves
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees F *
- Headlamp with spare bulbs and batteries
- Trekking Bags/Duffel bag
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Large plastic bags
- for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Trekking Poles *
- Water bottles
- Toiletries (Small wash towel, Toilet papers etc)
Toiletries (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- 1 medium sized quick drying towel
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
Personal Hygiene (it’s up to your comfort lable):
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti bacterial hands wash
- Diamox (Drugs for altitude sickness if incase)
- Water purified pills
Extras/Luxuries (it’s up to your comfort lable)
- Binoculars (optional)
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen
- Pencils and small notebooks
- Travel game i.e. chess, backgammon, scrabble
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and Spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. If you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature then taking this trip during winter (Dec., Jan. and Feb.) could also be an option. However, the temperature during winter could be harsh for most guests. Trekking in the Summer or Monsoon seasons (June to Aug.) will be affected by rain but the Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.
Copyrights © 2021 Walkmountain Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved / Developed By : Nextmorse Technologies Pvt. Ltd.